Boat Cover

Grey56

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Evening all -

Wanted some input as I'm seriously considering a cover for the '92 Sailfish. Only catch is there is a tuna tower which does fold down. I reached out to Cover Craft but they aren't sure they have one that will fit - but my hunch is that it might assuming I don't want it to wrap over the cowlings/flotation bracket.

Just wanted some input from those who have bought (or even made) similar - attached are some pictures for reference - thanks as always!!

Truck + Trailer.jpg

Seal Beach Dock.jpg

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Custom cover.

Just out of curiosity what do you guys catch out West?

Grey56

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Custom cover.

Just out of curiosity what do you guys catch out West?
I figured a custom one might be the answer - and I apologize since I should have been more specific: if people have gone with a custom route - who did you use/is there a cost expectation for these things to be wary of....etc...

Out here in LA you can get yellowfin almost all year - some folks get bluefin on the south side of Catalina but we usually don't run that far since gas is sky high. Mahi is just about to run as well. You can get grouper in season - and even lobster off of the Channel islands. Most folks fish one of the two: west to the Channel Islands or South of Long Beach towards Catalina - both offer great spots.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I lived in Laguna Beach for year or so but didn’t fish. Water was always cold. Must be some currents there that make it cold and different ones that bring in the fish.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Grey, I have same boat, without the tower but with Radar. I make a PVC support from bow to stern and put a 25'x30' tarp over it.

By the way, what motors do you have?

Reactions: Grey56

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Are you looking to use this cover on a regular basis?

A seasonal storage cover is a whole different beast than one being used regularly.

Does the tuna tower contact any part of the windshield? Or... can you put the tower back up when using a cover? If so, you might look into getting a cover made that attached the underside of your hardtop using the enclosure attachments. It could even be made it more than one piece and the pieces then zipper together. This would be a whole lot easier than a cover that goes up and over everything.

• Wow

Fishtales

Reaction score
Try Fisher custom covers. They make a lot of custom covers and once they have a pattern it is pretty easy for them to fabricate.

• Love

Grey56

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Grey, I have same boat, without the tower but with Radar. I make a PVC support from bow to stern and put a 25'x30' tarp over it.

By the way, what motors do you have?
Mine is kept at a storage lot; would you have a picture for reference to see if I could swing it? Also - to answer you: I have twin 2017 Verado 200's!

Grey56

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Are you looking to use this cover on a regular basis?

A seasonal storage cover is a whole different beast than one being used regularly.

Does the tuna tower contact any part of the windshield? Or... can you put the tower back up when using a cover? If so, you might look into getting a cover made that attached the underside of your hardtop using the enclosure attachments. It could even be made it more than one piece and the pieces then zipper together. This would be a whole lot easier than a cover that goes up and over everything.
We cover it after every usage; and honestly I hadn't thought about having the cover under the t-top - because yes when it folds down the tower does contact the windshield (we use a buoy to act as a gasket).