boat covers

izzy

Reaction score
Looking into getting a boat cover for my 29' chesapeak instead of paying for shrink wrapping every year, i just received a quote from "Boat Covers" at about $800 bucks, looking for any comment from people in the northeast on how their covers perform against shrink wrapping and the products from this specific supplier

Thanks for any input

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I purchased a boat covers direct navy blue cover for my 272 sailfish for 800 or so and it works great. I purchased a 330 express this year and am considering buying one for this boat.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have one of their covers for my 265 express. going into my fourth winter with it, has held up well. it already has paid for itself in shrinkwrap costs.

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I understand that you are asking about "boat covers" brand, but I can give some input on Fisher Canvas. I pruchased my Fisher canvas cover for our boat about four years ago. It is very heavy and tough to get on top of the hardtop. Once up therer is isn't too tough to get it draped over the boat and tied down. Mine is holding up well for the most part, except I ripped it on a center rigger mount that I forgot to cover with a rag or peice of foam. If I had to do it over again for my Marlin, I would certainly look at lighter weight covers.

eppem

Reaction score
This will be our 5th or 6th season with the cover for our 265 express from boatcoversdirect.com. We dont stay out too long, usually about 12 weeks so its a short off season but the cover works great. They loop and fasten system is really for a boat on a trailer but we make it work.

Ours was a little saggy in the bow area so we built a basic frame out of pvc that works fine..good luck!