Boat in water question????

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I removed all the bottom paint form my boat this year down to the gelcoat, I trailer so I dont intend in painting it agian unless I am going to slip it for a season.

My wife wants me to get a slip for 7 days in July at a local marina for our vacation, (NJ summer time) I dont want to paint the hull. Especially after I spent the entire winter and spring scraping it all off and rebuilding the transom (still ongoing) , What can I apply to the hull to make sure whatever sticks to it comes off with a good power washing when it comes out?????

ahill

Reaction score
If anything sticks in that short period that power wash doesn't remove use hull cleaner, sno bol or mild muriatic acid.
I have spent up to 7 days in the Bahamas without any build up.
I'm always using the boat during that time and it only sits still over night.

seasick

Reaction score
sfc2113 said:
I removed all the bottom paint form my boat this year down to the gelcoat, I trailer so I dont intend in painting it agian unless I am going to slip it for a season.

My wife wants me to get a slip for 7 days in July at a local marina for our vacation, (NJ summer time) I dont want to paint the hull. Especially after I spent the entire winter and spring scraping it all off and rebuilding the transom (still ongoing) , What can I apply to the hull to make sure whatever sticks to it comes off with a good power washing when it comes out?????

It's called bottom paint....:)
If there were something else that worked, wouldn't you think we would all be using it?
The anount of growth depends on the area and the water temperature. If the boat sits for 7 days it will get growth. If you use it every day, you may be OK.