Boat Models

Scouter

Reaction score
Anybody know of a company that makes desktop size boat models? Id like to have a small one of my Grady to put on the desk. There are several companies that do airplanes and cars, but havent seen any boat ones yet. Thanks

Jim

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There are companies out there, but for something that sized your talking a good chunk of change. A 2 ft model can run upwards of $10,000 so even one a ft long will not be cheap. I've used Seacraft classics before with great sucess. There is a guy on sportfishermen.com, his username is: Balkster
He has been building them for years and is great also and might be more reasonable. Personally, knowing the price of what they cost makes them out of reach for the typical boater. I'd rather buy stuff for my boat instead. He says a smaller boat like ours with less detail might run $1000-1500 as a statring price. donbalkie@comcast.net that is his email as well.

Tundra1

Reaction score
Yikes, that sounds steep. I had a model of my plane done, in great detail, for 175. It was done in the Phillipines, and took a couple months. I was hoping for a couple hundred. Thanks for the input.

Jim