boat parts

todd0915

Reaction score
Talked to the local grady about seat cushins and gunnal padding. Told him I have a 1997 208 and he told me that grady dosn't carry parts for a boat this old. Strange because the boat is still the same today.A complete sunbrella top and side curtains from a 2006 fit like a glove.I am sure cushins and padding would also fit. Quess thay don't want my business. :bang

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
you don't usually buy parts for that. a good canvas guy would do a re-upholstery. i've seen a number of them done around me and they look great. the only thing not done is the GW embossed panel. it could be purchased from the GW fabricator but most people bypass it. good luck, ron

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
This is very normal in the marine industry. Typically about 5 years is the most you can go back for soft parts. The reason is that styles change (vinyl "grain", for example) and even the manufacturers used to provide the vinyl changes. So there can be slight variations that wouldn't match other parts. Now, if "physically" they are the same size, then go ahead and get a set from a new model. It's not that they don't want your business, it's just that they can't guarantee fitment or aesthetics.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Forgot to add... I agree with Elyse. If it was my boat, I would have a local upholsterer redo them. If they're good, it will be as good as, or better, than OEM. Plus, you can pick your vinyl.