Boat Schematics

Windy50

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Good morning everyone. Recently changed up from a Key West to a Grady Freedom 235. Killing time over the winter to understand the boat's operations and functions before spring. The Owners Manual that came with the boat is okay but not great. The Key West Manual had some really nice colored schematics of the electrical system, drainage layout, fuel line and vent layout, etc. Does anyone know if GW has similar information and where to find them? Thanks!

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
you can ask them for the info you need. manuals used to be good. very dumbed down now. good luck, ron

seasick

Reaction score
Some of the older manuals had wiring diagrams. In addition, the color codes are pretty much standard for many systems. What you don't get are harness diagrams and layouts. For example, I know there are windlass power cables but how are they routed through the cabin? One other thing I have noticed and I don't know if it is universal but hope so, is that feeds that are spliced are usually spliced in a spot that you can get to although 'get to' doesn't mean it will be easy. Grounds for underdeck devices are often shared with one conductor routed through the rigging tube. In general cables in the rigging tubes have no splices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Windy50

Fishtales

Reaction score
Try GW via the Customer Service link on the web. I doubt there is much more than what you get with the owners documentation. Not the best for sure, but if you chase wiring, you'll find it is pretty basic. The worse thing is that it tends to be a rats nest in certain areas.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Try GW via the Customer Service link on the web. I doubt there is much more than what you get with the owners documentation. Not the best for sure, but if you chase wiring, you'll find it is pretty basic. The worse thing is that it tends to be a rats nest in certain areas.
they will send you the info. they have all of their tech drawings, just ask. my '09 330 manual had all the diagrams you could use. the '21 marlin manual basically says don't drink battery acid. good luck, ron

• Haha
Reactions: DogBone and Windy50

TommyGirl225

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
The captain Grady app is very useful as well. If you can’t find what you’re looking for you can email Grady support from the app and your Hull ID is automatically included.