Boat seesawing on mooring

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My 330 Xpress constantly seesaws while on a mooring. I’ve tried a bridle and a single line to the mooring. No luck. Also tried engines up and down. No difference. There are two chocks on the pulpit abeam the anchor capsten but not sure of their value. Will running the mooring line through them help me?

thx

HMBJack

Reaction score
My answer: no.

If you are light on fuel that could affect your boat while anchored.
The 330 carries one ton of fuel when full.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I think it’s the nature of the beast! Haven’t found a solution either. Vintage fishing boats used a spanker sail aft to prevent that.

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I haven't found a way to stop that, either. I figure it's just the nature of this general type of hull design. But, truthfully, I don't care - it doesn't hurt anything in any way shape or form. Let it do it's thing.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree with Dennis, that it makes no difference to the boat. The only thing you might consider is, as it changes direction at the end of its swing the mooring line will be snapping side to side in your anchor roller and if there is a metal bail over it to capture the line, it could cause some damage to the line after thousands of swings. You might want to think about putting some chaffing gear on the mooring line in that area.

Reactions: Viking88rd

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Was thinking maybe a little more scope for your mooring line? Agree with chafe protection for your lines and maybe snubbers?

Reactions: Peter A