BOAT STRIPING FOR 1996 VOYAGER

timandmary

Reaction score
I HAVE A 1996 VOYAGER LOOKING TO UP GRADE GRADY STRIPING DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT WERE TO LOOK FOR BEST PRICE AND SELECTION

BigI

Reaction score
Call your local dealer. It isn't that expensive. I tried looking for deals on ebay but my dealer was cheaper.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I'd be willing to bet this is a little cheaper. :roll: ...ok probably a lot cheaper than the dealer price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DECAL-STRIPE-KI ... dt&vxp=mtr
IF YOUR MODEL IS NOT IN THIS LIST, PLEASE CALL ME AS I HAVE THEM FOR MOST MODELS.
I'd say its worth a call. :wink:

Most items with a Grady part # added is going to cost a lot more. Grady makes awesome boats, they don't make vinyl stripe tape, or a lot of other small parts that they add their logo and part # too. It's no different than a Sears Kenmore product. Sears didn't make it, but they put their name on it.
You may argue that the GW logo added to a product is their quality control department weeding out the junk and providing faith that what they sell is quality and it is...but you will pay big for that.
For most of it you can save a lot of money by buying the same item just without that logo.

A good example, vent window pulls I needed, GW - $90, Taylor Made - $20.
(if I needed to spend that extra $70 for security or ego I'd be better off saving it for a therapist) :lol:

Ok, back to the stripes, virtually every stripe kit you buy either from Grady or from this Ebay dealer is cut from a 3M product.
(Muscle car restoration stripe kits are all 3M stripes as well)
This fellow provides installation instructions with his kit and I can tell you Boat stripes, car stripes, its all the same and his price is well within the realm of reality.
One other note he can do something you won't get from Grady, if you feel rebellious you can get the stripes made it whatever color strikes your fancy.

Tips I can give ... remove all wax and grease/oils, lay out the stripe still in its wrapper using blue painters tape as a trial fit and you can place blue tape as guides for when its the real thing. Finally mix a little Dreft Baby detergent and water in a spray bottle to mist the surface your applying the decal to. The Dreft mix will allow you to float the decal into place without buggering it up. When you have it where you want gently squeegee the decal pushing out the water mix. In short order afterward that decal is permanently adhered.
Not sure where your from but if you are in New Jersey I'd be willing to give you a hand.
Mike.