Boat trailer ladder

quantase

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m trying to find a solution for a tall enough boat trailer ladder at the bow so I can launch my 235 freedom solo. Ideally if I had something that was at least 52” high (vertical from trailer frame to tip of bow). The height is 57” vertical, but I would like the step closest to the bow to be within 10”. Thanks.

Coastboater

Reaction score
There’s a local trailer repair guy that has single bolt-on steps that bolt to the winch stand. I’ll try and find his info and update.
edit: The owner is Hayden Sellers and biz name is Old Buck Welding. He builds full custom ladders, too, but here are the steps
IMG_0943.jpeg

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
To start, post a couple pics of the trailer winch area so we can see what you have. There's different setups that could require different solutions.

Various trailer manufacturers have different setups that make. Single step bolt-ons are relatively simple and available - but I suspect this isn't going to do what you want. My guess is that since it sounds like you want something very particular, you should just have a local metal shop weld up what you want and then you can bolt it to your trailer and winch stand with U-bolts. If you make a crude mock-up out of wood, they should easily be able to duplicate it.

quantase

Reaction score
I have attached my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_8990.jpeg
    IMG_8990.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 24

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thanks for the pic. I've seen a lot (but certainly not all) of off-the-shelf trailer ladders - I don't think any are really going to work for you with that setup. Take a look at Easy Step, for example. That's probably one of the largest I've seen and it's still not big enough according to your specs. Besides, you really need something that comes up alongside as opposed to along the centerline of the trailer.

I think designing your own and having it built will give you the best long term results. Not hard to do - just got plan it out a bit.

quantase

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. If others have a similar setup, it would be good to see what others have designed, bought, and done to help get on the bow from the trailer when launching and retrieving solo.