Boaters' World Closing / DE & MD Boaters....

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I used to stop in to the store in Salisbury, MD to pick up a few things on my way south to go fishing. With the store closed, this presents a few problems. The Gander Mountain and Wally World really don't have sh** for boaters except for the very basics. Any suggestions for where to go on Rt 13, either in DE or MD?

TunaT

Reaction score
rt 13

Seahawk in Pocomoke other then that you will have to move over towards Ocean City and Indian River to find any stores......If you need more details you can PM me

Z4J

Reaction score
Boat US on Rte. 50 in Easton, MD

Boat US on Rte. 50 in Easton, MD

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
hotajax said:
I used to stop in to the store in Salisbury, MD to pick up a few things on my way south to go fishing. With the store closed, this presents a few problems. The Gander Mountain and Wally World really don't have sh** for boaters except for the very basics. Any suggestions for where to go on Rt 13, either in DE or MD?

Don'tknow where you are traveling from but there is a big West Marine store on rt 40 just off of RT 1 & 13 south of Christianna in Delaware

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
FOR RORKIN

Thanks for the info on Boat US. You asked where I start my trip south. I come from 95 just south of the Blue Route 476, go around Wilmington on 495, then get back on to 95. Then to Exit 4A off 95, and go around the Christiana Mall on my way to the Route 1 speedway. If you were coming that way, how would you get to the Boat US store you referred to? Thanks.

gradyguy2956

Reaction score
I stopped at the BW in severna park today. The signs stated 25-50% off, but I sure didn't see any bargains. And the store was a dump, piles of stuff all over the place. I left kinda disgusted. Probably won't be back.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Boaters World

Yeah, they are all like that - a dump. Their prices, even with the phony discount, are still the same as if you bought it online from Defender.com

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of Defender and WM by mail order.

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: FOR RORKIN

hotajax said:
Thanks for the info on Boat US. You asked where I start my trip south. I come from 95 just south of the Blue Route 476, go around Wilmington on 495, then get back on to 95. Then to Exit 4A off 95, and go around the Christiana Mall on my way to the Route 1 speedway. If you were coming that way, how would you get to the Boat US store you referred to? Thanks.

Its a West MArine store.. Go on west marine web site and use store locator for Bear Delaware.. I dont know the exit number off of rt 1 but it is
rt 40.. Just a couple of exits south of Christianna.
The store is less than a mile West of rt 1 in a shoppong center on your left. Pretty hard to miss it. The web site has a map