Boatlift question here

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
www.NauticalHeadquarters.com
Can anyone give any insight on floating boatlifts (like the ones for PWC). I have a new 22ft GW and need to store out of the water. Dont personally like the appearance of the hydraulic lifts due to the fact that my back door and deck is really close to the waterfront and dont want my view blocked by metal frames. I've seen ads recently of the floating docks with cc's parked on them.

Questions are;

Are they worth the money
Durability
Hard or easy to use
Scratch boat?

Need assistance from anyone with experience or knowledge of these.
Thanks,
GS

Amigo

Reaction score
You can buy lifts that do not have a support frame elevated above your dock level.

"The Silhouette Cradle Lift is designed to create a low-profile, attractive appearance. The Sihouette features our exclusive Double Drum Direct-Drive winch for smooth, quiet performance."

The quote is from the Davit Master website. I have one and like it. Depending how tall your boat is , water level to dock level and how high you lift the boat the boat could possibly be above dock level.

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
www.NauticalHeadquarters.com
Thanks Amigo.

Does anyone install your brand lift in the Southeast. I like the model you showed me but I guess someone would need to come out and see if my dock set up would work with it. Whats the cost for the lift turn key?

Thanks
GS

Amigo

Reaction score
GS

There is an 800 number on their website www.davitmaster.com. They have authorized local installers in most areas.

My lift was installed in 2004. It is an 11,000 lb model if I remember correctly. The lift is supported by four pilings. The lift is not connected to my dock in any way. It performs well and should last many years.

If you want a picture I have my email address under my profile. I just took a picture this morning after 6 - 8 inches of snow yesterday.

Amigo

Reaction score
The cost was in the area of $8,000 for the lift and installation. Electical was another $800.