BOLO My 208 Was Stolen from ME!

Biscayne208

Reaction score
This is Ed my 1993 208 Grady White Adventure was stolen from my front lawn this morning. I live in the city of South Miami by Sunset and the Palmetto Expressway. Please see the pics below and if anyone sees it please report it to the police. I just graduated from college and this boat was my pride and joy and I had made it look new. Please help in any way that you can.. Thanks guys

Cover was on boat when they took it..

Gradyupgrades003.jpg

Gradyupgrades001.jpg

P5081023.jpg

P5081011.jpg

P5081006.jpg

Gradyupgrades005.jpg

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that...what kind of locks on the trailer?

I'm assuming its insured?

Biscayne208

Reaction score
hi,

It had a tongue and a hammerlock. I do have it insured but to find that boat again in the conditions that it was in is going to be impossible. I havent even been able to concentrate on work I have been so beat up about this.. it feels like being violated... :x

timberxx

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this, your grady was in great shape. I understand your pain, I picked up a 205 this February. I know that if something happens to it I cannot replace it for the price I paid for it.

Good luck with your recovery.

richie rich

Reaction score
Biscayne, can you post you VIN numbers for the hull and trailer so all can see? It may help spotting your boat.

Biscayne208

Reaction score
Boat HIN number is as follows: NTLAD698A393

Boat Registration Numbers are as follows: FL 5342 NZ

Trailer Serial will follow later today

Biscayne208

Reaction score
I found her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Guys you are not gonna believe this!!!!! My boat was recovered last night and I picked it up this morning and it was completely unscathed!!! i received a call at 8 am this morning from a blocked number and it was the police to tell me that the boat had been recovered. i was on my way to a 9 am meeting and somehow i was able to concentrate at the meeting.
I subsequently went to the tow yard and found the boat in 100% condition!. Miraculously they only just rufflled through eveything and took the majority of the accessories and safety equipment but they did not take the motor or damage the boat. They did take the GPS and the boat cover though:mad: all in all it was probably the worst 8 days of my life this pat week and a half but thank god she was recovered in good condition.
the boat was abandoned at a nice home for sale in Homestead, Fl.. i went to the house to see if the cover was left there but no dice. Apparently the realtor called in the boat in the backyard knowing it wasnt supposed to be there. It seems it was just left there in fear.

The guy at the tow yard said hes never seen one come in in these kind of conditions. My insurance adjusted told me that this is the first theft he has dealt with that the boat was recovered safe and sound.. Just a reminder to all. Lock your da.. boats!!!!!! and a friendly reminder to the thieves that took it.. rest assured I will shoot you if i see you anywhere near my house again.:joincc:

At the tow yard

Gradyrecovered001.jpg

House where it was found

Gradyrecovered004.jpg

Gradyrecovered005.jpg

Safe back at home with its two buddies

Gradyrecovered008.jpg

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
CONGRATS! I am on and off the forum and I missed it. She is in REAL great shape for a boat that is now 17 years old! :wow You should be proud of her. Maybe I will bump into you one day when I am in the Keys. I hope your insurance folks are good to you in regards of the electronics and so forth. I can imagine the cover alone was over $500.

Biscayne208

Reaction score
Smoky: My old man has a place on MM 66 in Long Key so We are bound to have a run in one day. Dont forget to send a message if you are down this way.

Nothing Else: You hit the nail on the head... Cover was exactly 2g's

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Glad to see you got yoor boat back, it doesn't seem to me to be a likely candidate for boat or motor thieves, or custom cover thief.

But i see the trailer as the target, it's redicluous how VIN numbers are attached, with glue-on stickers.

Get a long chain with hardened flat faced links they sell for bicycles and the same brand lock, I think the brand is Kryptonite.
Route it thru a wheel spoke and over the frame and make it tight before picking link to lock it. Position lock on inside under boat so not accessible only by key not heavy tools.
You can also dig and pour a concrete block below grade and get a heavy eye bolt and lock the trailer down to earth, no tow vehicles can rip it our except a tank, make sure to use several bags of concrete, the tow vehicle tires will just skid and make noise.

Less work but effective is LoJack service, same as cars have.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Awesome!
So happy that your boat was undamaged.That's just amazing. I can imagine how relieved you must be.

BobP has a good thought. If your boat sits in your yard most of the time, dig a hole and pour the concrete anchor he suggested.

Enjoy the Holidays.. I'll bet you can now.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Glass boats always out live trailers (in SW), so there is always a need for a replacement trailers making used ones hard to find if at all.

I don't see a market for stripped Grady parts or using 20 ft boat 150HP Grady as drug runner. Put an F350 on there and now we are talking!

That's an expensive trailer, as they say possession is 9/10ths of the law, anyone can peel off the ID sticker from a stolen trailer of similar capacity to one already owned, and claim it's their's under same registration / title.

And take the old rotted trailer apart with a socket wrench set piece by piece back to same way all are built up and haul parts to town dump for metals recycling.

If you bury the concrete and try to pull it, you will see for yourself it's going nowhere. Tires will smoke and squeel.

25 bucks of concrete, a shovel, and water, and proper chain and lock.

I see you keep more than one boat parked together, alternately, chain any two of them together, that will do it too!

aa331

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Ed / Biscayne208, Check your PM.

Alex