Bolt on rod holders

HuskerBoater

Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion of the best bolt-on rod holders for my Grady? I want a couple additional rod holders but am not familiar with what would be best. Thanks.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Do you want to look like this?

FullGear_M.jpg

Three of these are Lee clamp-on holders:

IMG_3533.jpg

Brian

seasick

Reaction score
You can get a $30 bolt on rod holder or spend $80 and up. The lower cost models are chromed and will eventually pit and corrode depending on exposure and your upkeep. The better units are all stainless steel and will last longer. For me, I wait until the less expensive ones are on sale and get 4 or 5 years service out of them. Last ones I got at the NY boat show (west marine booth) for 20 bucks each ( regulary overpriced at $39.99).

HuskerBoater

Reaction score
ocnslr said:
Do you want to look like this?

FullGear_M.jpg

Three of these are Lee clamp-on holders:

IMG_3533.jpg

Brian

Ocnslr-
I love that "porqupine" shot of your 270...classic! I'm not ready to bolt on 16 rod holders....yet. I think I know what I want, but will have to look around a little. BTW, is there a functional Tidewater Grady club? I get to a website, but I'm not sure if it is functional. I am new to the area and would love to link up with some other Grady owners....for cruising or for fishing. Thanks...

N Jones

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
HuskerBoater said:
BTW, is there a functional Tidewater Grady club? I get to a website, but I'm not sure if it is functional. I am new to the area and would love to link up with some other Grady owners....for cruising or for fishing. Thanks...

N Jones

The TGWC started early last year. We are in our second year now, with 32 "boats" on the membership list.

We have eight boats scheduled for a trip up to Jamestown this Saturday, with a raft-up and BBQ on the water. Then down to the Pagan River and Smithfield Station for the night.

Where are you located?

PM me your email address and I will send you an invitation to join our TGWC Yahoo Group.

Brian
P.S. I do refer to that as the "porqupine" photo. We looked like that on our recent trip to Hatteras - head 23 rods onboard. :D

whaler248

Reaction score
Second Lee's

Lee's bolt on rod holders are the best. I have four on mine. Don't waste your time with the cheap ones.