Bow Access Door for Tournament/Freedom 225?

IBeGrady'd

Reaction score
The addition of a hinged bow seating access door on the Freedom 255 is a wonderful feature. While I'm making do with a canvas solution, I'm curious why the door is apparently not offered in the 225 series. I was thinking that the 255 door just might fit on a 225....or come mighty close anyway.

Perhaps a 255 owner could kindly provide some door dimensions? I'd like to look into a custom door installation using the stock 255 door, modified as need dictates. Any thoughts appreciated.

mboyatt

Reaction score
I would email Grady white customer service since you have not had a response. They will always respond and are VERY helpful. I bet you will get the exact dimensions of the door if you contact them. Good luck!

IBeGrady'd

Reaction score
Good idea and I'll do just that. I appreciate the suggestion.

Update: GW response...

We do not offer the wind break door on the 225 Tournament, so we do not have a retro kit available to add one. You may be able to trim down the poly door to work on your boat but we have not prototyped one to be able to say how it may work for yours and if for sure that it can be done from the 255 door pattern.

Looks like some more research to be done and that some modifications on the 255 door may be necessary. I'll be stopping by a Grady dealer or two for their thoughts. Sure would be a nice custom addition.