Bow cover

Morella

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
On the 275 freedom has anyone heard of a hard cover for the bow as to not have to take it off if i fish in the ocean

seasick

Reaction score
It's called a WA or Express cabin:) Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke.
Actually, I am not sure what you are asking. Are you trying to keep ocean spray out of the bow?

Morella

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
No , but i like a good joke, i often run out and thru the inlet, make a few drifts in or out then head back . I do this all with 1 and 1/2 hr time span ,i do find it one more thing to do . I know buy a 30 foot center console .LOL, if there were stiff ribs in cover it would be like a dodger

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wouldn't a Sunbrella cover with ring-snaps, and a center tent-style pole, work?

Morella

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Yes that is what i have and i do , i worry about inlet at times it can get intense , i guess i will invent some cross struts, or just stay in the inside those days

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Unless you stuff the bow, (don't), I wouldn't be too worried about it. Wind-blown spray shouldn't really bother anything, and you do have that folding door closed and latched.

Morella

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Thanks capt Bill , so the verdict is not to worry , i like that

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Sure, but of course I don't know your experience level running inlets. But if you've done it plenty of times, and know how to stay on the back of a wave, it should not be "intense". If, on the other hand, you are not all that comfortable (we've all been there at one time), you might consider hiring a captain to show you, on a day that would be a bit more exciting than slack tide.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
How do you stay on the back of a wave, if you are going OUT a rough inlet?
Typically stuffing the bow is going over the crest of the wave with a following sea. I think going out you’re more likely to pound/slap the hull on the descent than stuff

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
How do you stay on the back of a wave, if you are going OUT a rough inlet?
Funny one. Of course I thought we were talking about taking water over the bow, coming in. lol. Going out, unless it's the Columbia River bar, shouldn't be a problem. Sorry; I should have made myself more clear.