bow eye and cleat ??

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
need to know if anyone has pics and/or words of how the bow eye and boe cleat work on the inside like with the all thread. mine is a litle corroded anf needs replacement but im not really sure how it works. my allthread peice has come undone thanks chris

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but I'll give a shot at the answer :) . The bow eye should be almost like a U-bolt that goes through the hull into your anchor locker. I wouldn't think replacing that would be too difficult unless the sealant gives you fits.

The cleat might be a little tougher to get at.

Are you just looking to replace these items?

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
well not exactley lol ill take pics to maybe clear this up......its a peice of all thread that runs from the bow cleat, to the bow eye im not exactley sure how that works

rml2112

Reaction score
It Sounds Like you are talking about the Boat Lifting Eye.
I Have one on my 228.

SieraSky

Reaction score
Bow lifting ring

Hey Capt, the threaded rod and bow lifting eye is one piece, the rod is staked on the eye. To remove it remove the two screws in the eye and then loosen the 1" bolt on the inside anchor locker bracket and unscrew the whole assembly. Should take 10 min max. Tony

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
hey tony i havent been able to get any pics but thats what im talking about. the problem i am having is the all thread isint attached to anything its corroded off so im needing some sort of pic or diagram showing how it goes so i can figure out what i need thanks chris

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Missing Bracket!

Hey Dorado! How's it going young friend! There is a bracket(fixture) that bolts to your U-bolt on the bow of the boat. That vertical all thread also attaches to the same bracket(fixture) which may be in place and the nuts have just came loose from the all thread. If the fixture is gone you will have to buy or fabricate another one. Keep on keepin' on! 8)

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
thanks for the advice jack. yhupp thats what im talkin bout i think the peice is gone lol from deteriation being an old boat. im workin on it and everything is comming along. take care jack

Korona

Reaction score
Just replaced this assembly on my '81 220 Bimini. You're correct, the bow tow eye is connected to the anchor horn via the 5/8" SS threaded rod. On mine, the piece that the rod threaded into on the inside of the bow eye was made of regular steel (not SS) and totally disintegrated. Fortunately, I was able to find the newer SS version of these parts at a local boat salvage yard (Budget Boats, Chesapeake, VA) so was able to simply replace the bow eye, backing and the connecting assembly which the threaded rod from the anchor horn screws into. This was a case of the fix becoming very simple once the right parts were located. I could try to get my camera in there for a pic if you need. Let me know. John

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
john i would really appreciate it if you could im still in need. i mean im not even sure what i would call this assembly lol.....and i wish i knew where a boat salvage was here in houston tx. but yeah im in the exact situation their is no way this was ss on mine. guess it has to do with the old age.....do you have an idea on a price for this assembly

Korona

Reaction score
I paid only $15 for the parts. That's why I said FORTUNATELY I found used! Actually I think there were some other similar parts in the bin where I found mine. I'd try to grab and ship them if that's what you end up needing. I'll give the pics a shot first.

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
okay that would be awsome. yeah just get some pics if you dont mind. if ya cant its no big deal... and after i take a look at the pics, if you dont mind ill paypal you for the spare parts.....thanks chris

rml2112

Reaction score
I bought the Complete kit from grady white for my 228
Last year.
I think about $130.00 or close to that

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
yeah i finally found it on ebay for the similar price butim trying to get it used. hopefully with the help of korona it wont cost me that much.... i think my allthreadis still good but i might just replace it anyway....

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
yeah Korona i dont think i need pics anymore lol sorry i just want to see if you can see if they have the parts at the salvage yard. im trying to get the boat ready by easter weekend. maybe i can just call the guy and ask him, or if you get the parts ill pay you the extra for gas and so on...

thanks chris