Bow light replacement

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looking for lens possibly but more importantly if there is a LED replacement bulb. 2003 228 Seafarer bow light. bow light.png

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You shouldn't have any problems finding an LED replacement. Go to Perko's website and look through their catalog - there's quite a few to look at. You may/may not find a "perfect" match for the footprint - but you'lll certainly find something that will be just fine. Once you find what you like, either search online for the part # or talk to a local marine store.

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
not sure what bulb this is the only number I can find on it is looks like a 43

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You can't just replace the bulb with an LED bulb. You have to replace the entire assembly to make sure you still have the required (by law) distance visibilty spec. LED and incandescants have different wavelengths and the housings are specifically designed for such. The LED will "appear" bright up close - but it won't be as visible from a distance.

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Struggling to find a replacement

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I replaced the bow lights on my express with the Perko Stealth LED lights a couple of years ago, and have been very happy with them. Not cheap at 180 bucks, but they have worked well, and were an easy install.

EDIT: Just noticed there is a pair of these for sale on THT very nicely priced.

Last edited: