Bow navigation light replacement

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What is required to replace my old nav lights, I want to put led lights in.

Any new holes that need to be drilled etc?

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thank you, I just picked some up a West Marine, was going to install them but the rain started.

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fishtales said:
The LED attwood lights are direct replacements. You can probably change the bulb in the mast light. I did that but my mast light came with the radar dome.
https://www.starmarinedepot.com/attwood ... gJC5vD_BwE

Did you have to drill new holes for yours? Looks like the ones that are on there are front and back screws the led are side screw mounted.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I had to drill new holes for the LED attwood fixtures. I used ample 4200 to seal it all up. I wanted Perko but they are very very proud of the fixture. I ultimately replaced my all around light with a 24 inch Hella Marine fold down. I had to clear my radar as well. If you have a hard top I highly recommend replacing the courtesy light/ spreader light controls with Grady's Lumitec LED touch light. You active it by touching the lens and has variable light output and it's red or white. West Marine sells one similar but it does not have the spreader light switch. I also upgraded my spreaders to LED by Taco. I do not recommend them. Next season I am buying the Lumitech spreaders that Grady uses.

Reactions: Dawgvet98

Fishtales

Reaction score
mmiela said:
Fishtales said:
The LED attwood lights are direct replacements. You can probably change the bulb in the mast light. I did that but my mast light came with the radar dome.
https://www.starmarinedepot.com/attwood ... gJC5vD_BwE

Did you have to drill new holes for yours? Looks like the ones that are on there are front and back screws the led are side screw mounted.

I cannot recall but I think the answer is no. Even if you do, no big deal. I used 4200 to seal.

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Changed mine out last year due to a failure of the port light. The little LED cube had a crack in it that let water in. I found some Attwoods that were direct replacements. Sealed with butyl tape.

Dawgvet98

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had to drill new holes for the LED attwood fixtures. I used ample 4200 to seal it all up. I wanted Perko but they are very very proud of the fixture. I ultimately replaced my all around light with a 24 inch Hella Marine fold down. I had to clear my radar as well. If you have a hard top I highly recommend replacing the courtesy light/ spreader light controls with Grady's Lumitec LED touch light. You active it by touching the lens and has variable light output and it's red or white. West Marine sells one similar but it does not have the spreader light switch. I also upgraded my spreaders to LED by Taco. I do not recommend them. Next season I am buying the Lumitech spreaders that Grady uses.

Anybody have numbers for these parts? the dome and spreader lights?

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Smoky, do you have a link to the Lumitec LED touch light. I can't seem to locate it on the internethingy.