Bow pulpit source

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm in need of a bow pulpit for a 232 Gulfstream, any suggestions for a source? Does it have to be Grady made or can it be after market? Thanks.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I believe they make them in the factory. I saw several finished ones in their fabrication area for various models when I toured the factory. I'd check with customer service? Would they be willing to sell one thru your local dealer?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The pulpit can be made from teak but the bow rail can be a pain to change/integrate to what you have now.

fastal

Reaction score
I have the same issue with mine on a 1992 sailfish. Local fiberglass shop quoted me 1500 to fix.

seasick

Reaction score
Zebulon said:
I'm in need of a bow pulpit for a 232 Gulfstream, any suggestions for a source? Does it have to be Grady made or can it be after market? Thanks.
As mentioned, Grady sells the parts or a dealer can retrofit. I remember pricing the parts for a 25 sailfish and it was a several thousand installed. I kind of remember that the rail parts were as much as the pulpit itself.
Depending on what you are trying to achieve, a bow anchor roller may be a much less expensive solution. I would rather put the difference into a good windlass.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
fastal said:
I have the same issue with mine on a 1992 sailfish. Local fiberglass shop quoted me 1500 to fix.

It's not that hard to re-do yourself, I did mine 2 years ago. Used some leftover marine ply, epoxy resin, cabosil and glass.