Bow Pulpit

Randy Clement

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
If someone can give me an idea where I can purchase a replacement bow pulpit for my 1996 Explorer? Too much repair for my existing.... let me know please

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It was about 10 years ago, but I purchased a new Grady bow pulpit from the grady dealers in Washington state, Jacobsens Marine in Edmonds. Drove down from Vancouver Island aand picked it up and installed it myself. Came with pulpit ,all the staimless hardware and new railings (cut the old ones out and fit the new) . not difficult to put together. I'm not sure if they still carry them, but you could check your Grady dealership.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If someone can give me an idea where I can purchase a replacement bow pulpit for my 1996 Explorer? Too much repair for my existing.... let me know please
I'm not sure where you're located at, of which I always recommend mentioning it in your post or you can add your location in your profile/signature area like I've got, but this one I've noticed has been for sale on Craigslist for quite awhile. Not sure how close you are to him or if you or he would be comfortable enough to possibly ship it, but I'm guessing that will be one of the few "used" ones out there. As Trapper mentioned, likely the only other option would be to go through a dealer, or possibly have a fiberglass/body shop make one up for you. Though there was a conversation about this sometime back and I think buying one from the dealer was around $5k if I recall correctly? A little steep imo, which might make it worth reaching out to the guy on CL for that reason, especially if you're at all close to his location.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
That bow pulpit is near me in south Jersey. Interesting thing is that it a new construction bow pulpit. As far as I know Coosa board was not used in GW factory construction. You should ask where he got it from. It's possible that whoever built it may be making other components for GW. That would be a great find.

Randy Clement

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I'm not sure where you're located at, of which I always recommend mentioning it in your post or you can add your location in your profile/signature area like I've got, but this one I've noticed has been for sale on Craigslist for quite awhile. Not sure how close you are to him or if you or he would be comfortable enough to possibly ship it, but I'm guessing that will be one of the few "used" ones out there. As Trapper mentioned, likely the only other option would be to go through a dealer, or possibly have a fiberglass/body shop make one up for you. Though there was a conversation about this sometime back and I think buying one from the dealer was around $5k if I recall correctly? A little steep imo, which might make it worth reaching out to the guy on CL for that reason, especially if you're at all close to his location.

Thank you! Located on east end of LI but always visit LBI and need an excuse to go south....

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I swapped emails with the Craigslist guy....

Good glass guys are hard to find almost impossible, I’ve been doing this stuff for 40 years, But I’m not really scheduling work right now I’m too busy, I did build this myself Ken

I sent a message to your other email, are used to do a lot of OEM work for garden state boats, which was the local Grady white dealer several years ago and they replaced a bunch of pulpits for them as well as other glass work and repairs and warranty work for Grady white so I know that well but I can’t get help so I’m not scheduling any work right now

Oh well....I does look good. Check dimensions.

Randy Clement

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I swapped emails with the Craigslist guy....

Good glass guys are hard to find almost impossible, I’ve been doing this stuff for 40 years, But I’m not really scheduling work right now I’m too busy, I did build this myself Ken

I sent a message to your other email, are used to do a lot of OEM work for garden state boats, which was the local Grady white dealer several years ago and they replaced a bunch of pulpits for them as well as other glass work and repairs and warranty work for Grady white so I know that well but I can’t get help so I’m not scheduling any work right now

Oh well....I does look good. Check dimensions.
44 1/2"long x 16 1/2" wide let me know

Fishtales

Reaction score
Gonna have to get that from a GW boat, GW parts dealer or direct from GW if they will make it. They are custom fabricated at the factory.