Bow Rail Installation

Tekgraphx

Reaction score
Model
Trophy Pro
Greetings, I have been a member for a few months now, but have not posted much, choosing to read and learn. I purchase a 1986 Trophy Pro that was equipped the way I wanted it. All the heavy lifting had been done (new fuel tanks, transom rebuilt, twin 2015 Suzuki 200 four strokes, etc.), but the PO had done a lot of things I did not like and have been working on correcting these. One of the issues is that he had removed the bow railing and had the holes filled and the topside painted. I found a bow rail for it, but am now struggling with how to install it. My instinct is that I will have to cut holes in the gunnel, perhaps with screw out inspection deck plates to get access to install backing plates. The rail has 6 stantions on each side so I might be able to position the holes in between 2 so i only need 3 on each side, but would need to verify the distance to see if I could reach. Is there an alternative I have not thought of? I did a few searches, but did not find a lot of info. Any input would be appreciated.