Bow shade on center consoles

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
I am looking to possibly down size from my Marlin next year to a smaller center console. I was wondering if anyone has purchased/experienced the new bow shade canvas for center consoles offered by Grady. I was curious on people's opinion. I thought it might come in handy when hanging out in the sun shine .Thanks!

carld2727

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
We ordered one this winter for our new Fisherman 257. We absolutely love it. Use it all the time. When we are a dockside restaurant, most of the comments about the boat are about the sunshade. Typically everyone wishes they had one.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
I am looking to possibly down size from my Marlin next year to a smaller center console. I was wondering if anyone has purchased/experienced the new bow shade canvas for center consoles offered by Grady. I was curious on people's opinion. I thought it might come in handy when hanging out in the sun shine .Thanks!

Not about the bow shade, but lock in your new boat before you sell the Marlin. You are going to find that COVID has made boats way more expensive. There was a thread about it on THT. You should price similar Marlins before you set your pricing, I think that part will be pleasant, the price tag on the next boat won't be pleasant.

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Thank you for the responses. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the bow shade. I was hoping people were enjoying it. Regarding my Marlin, I repowered with 300s a few years ago along with other upgrades so I am hoping I will find the right buyer when the time comes to sell it. I am trying to decide between the 257 or 271. I think I will stay with the Grady whites. I love the looks, the ride, and the dealer support. But for now, I will continue to enjoy my Marlin.

ilmmct

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I was researching the shade MOD for my boat and ran across this gallery of GW’s ... I have no affiliation with the company and found the Install pictures helpful:

Jason952

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Look at the shades available at RNR marine. Way cheaper. Boca shade also an option

Reactions: ilmmct