Bow thruster issues since date of purchase

Right there

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Any one have any suggestions on resolving issues with quality of my boat, bow thruster has never functioned properly , windlass bolts fell out causing anchor to deploy under power, causinng hull damage , blemishes in Gelcoat, fasteners falling off or out, the list goes on & on, marinemax is totally incompetent to repair issues , along with the fact there nothing but liars, Grady-White doesn’t seem to care either, buyers remorse.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here we go, popcorn please

My thoughts also. We'll see where this goes.

New member, first post, bashing Grady. All boats have issues, sure, but that's not how you start out as a new member. Why ask for membership if you're whole intention is to come on here and bash.

This thread won't turn into a THT thread.

Why does Grady-White not care? Marinemax is the Carmax of the boat world. Contact the Grady dealer in your area and try and resolve your issues through them, evidently some select Marinemax stores are Grady dealers. Find a Grady-White specific dealer to work with, not a Walmart of the boat world. Did you not have a seatrial or survey done before you bought the boat? Is this a new boat or used boat? How long have you had the boat? Did all the problems arise at the same time or have you let them pile up and now you demand to have them fixed?

Reactions: leeccoll

Right there

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Been back to marine max four times times they can’t or wont fix it boat is brand new

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That's not good. I guess you've spoken with GW customer service? What are they saying? Not like them to not help especially on a new boat. They've helped me on my '04 before.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Grady White customer service has helped me with several questions on how to deal with issues on my 30 year old boat.....not sure why they "wouldn't care" about a brand new boat.

Right there

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Marine max mechanic showed up today , when bow thruster was installed they forgot seal shaft to motor, water pouring in , boat needs a complete rewrite , thruster works when engines are off, rubrail screws 3/8 inch instead of 1”, auto pilot vhf , gps need reprogramming, all defaults when percos turn on, there you have it

Ozz043

Reaction score
Right There .... sounds like you should deal direct with Grady but your post lacks details on the explanation and some issues you’ve raised seem like commissioning/set up basics ? ?

Even new boats have issues that need addressing

Right there

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
That’s the thing , this issues have never been resolved, 4 trips back to dealer, Grady got involved last week, we will see

Right there

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Not yet , came in from offshore, bow of boat full of water after their makeshift attempt @ sealing thruster tunnel, put boat on trailer , and ripped out bow eye , back to marine max, trip # 7 . So disgusting

Fishtales

Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles. I'd pen a letter to Chris Carroll at GW and get it off immediately.

Right there

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Second area of water intrusion, cap to hull seal @ rubrail was deficient in plexus,

Reactions: Jimmy T