Bow Thruster

Bayou Boy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any input for a bow thruster installed on a 300 Marlin?

devildogdad

Reaction score
not sure what you are asking, but I have one on my 30 Marlin and love it. even with twin engines, the wind really takes the bow around like it had a sail. the bow thruster is worth every penny. At least for me.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Same here. When I bought my boat it came with one. At the time, I didn't think it was required and if I had the option I would not have had one. Since then I've found it to be a nice thing to have - especially because my children are small and it is usually me docking alone - maybe with my wife holding a fender. So while really not needed, with it you can pretty much land it first time every time.

Bayou Boy

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the replies. We are having one installed. We'll get back to ya'll after we play with it a while.

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
Had a 330 express with bow thruster and it was easier to dock than my 20 ft bay boat. You could teach almost anyone to dock it with a bow thruster. It really shines when the winds are blowing.

wbdenamur

Reaction score
I had the bow thruster installed by Florida Bow Thrusters who used a mobile unit to come to my marina in Panama City FL. I met them while I was at the Miami boat show. It was around $8k. It is my new favorite toy. It looks like a factory job.