BOW TRUSTER

FISHENFUN

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a G/W GULFSTREM I am interested in putting a bow thruster on it...any thoughts?

Fishtales

Reaction score
It won't be cheap but if you do it, do it right, Core the hull, install a tunnel and put in something like a side power model.

Reactions: mleads310

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
SidePower installation has a great tunnel installation guide. Placement is critical and difficult to achieve in a smaller boat. I installed a Vetus in my 268 Islander. Much better thruster than the SidePower. Documented in below post. Glad to help with questions you have. Defender runs a big sale around the end of March - I bought mine there. Make sure you get the correct tunnel - Defender stocked the thruster but didn't stock the tunnel-ordered it in.

The bow thruster installers do earn their money. Not that its hard to do but it cuts across a number of trades and is dirty work. The boat will be a mess and need a deep cleaning when you are done.

Bow Thruster Placement.jpegIMG_0531.jpeg

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
I am curious; Do you have twin engines or a single on your Gulfstream?

FISHENFUN

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
SidePower installation has a great tunnel installation guide. Placement is critical and difficult to achieve in a smaller boat. I installed a Vetus in my 268 Islander. Much better thruster than the SidePower. Documented in below post. Glad to help with questions you have. Defender runs a big sale around the end of March - I bought mine there. Make sure you get the correct tunnel - Defender stocked the thruster but didn't stock the tunnel-ordered it in.

The bow thruster installers do earn their money. Not that its hard to do but it cuts across a number of trades and is dirty work. The boat will be a mess and need a deep cleaning when you are done.

View attachment 24836View attachment 24835
Thanks
I will be back with any other questions
Thank you for your input