Bow walkaround dimensions

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I"m away from my boat for about 3 weeks, I'd like to put a storage box on the bow of my 2007 300 Marlin in the walkaround space just aft of the windlass... unfortunately the measurement I took before I left the boat has evaporated and my old mind can't remember if it was 15 or 17 inches wide box that I was thinking... I can't find this dimension easily on the web, and I don't really want to bother the nice lady at Grady if I don't have to.

Do any of you with quick access to your Marlin have a chance to go measure? Will a 18.3"x26.7" tote fit up there? Or should I play it safer with the 14"x18".... would prefer larger but don't want to get burned (boat is in semi-rural Alaska with minimal options for purchasing the correct size up there).

Thanks in advance.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Cool place to have your boat. I spent lotsa time in the 70s on Prince of Wales logging. Gets pretty fishy up there in the summer. If that larger size is just a little too tight to drop into the recess you can heat the plastic tub along its edges and it will conform to the shape of that channel when you shove it down in there while its soft. If there is not a heat gun up there, all the fish camps and locals have propane weed burners. It might be worth fitting the smaller one inside the bigger one and take both, just in case. Sure wish I was going.

Reactions: Angler Management

Fishtales

Reaction score
You prob don't want one of us to take it and then not get what you want. This is one of those things you prob should take yourself.

Reactions: Angler Management

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Cool place to have your boat. I spent lotsa time in the 70s on Prince of Wales logging. Gets pretty fishy up there in the summer. If that larger size is just a little too tight to drop into the recess you can heat the plastic tub along its edges and it will conform to the shape of that channel when you shove it down in there while its soft. If there is not a heat gun up there, all the fish camps and locals have propane weed burners. It might be worth fitting the smaller one inside the bigger one and take both, just in case. Sure wish I was going.
Interesting idea! Boat has heat gun... Yes POW is a gem.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Are you up there for fishing season or are you working up there?

If you are going to be fueling your boat at different questionable sources like some of the small villages or stored fuel transferred by cans and barrels then do yourself a favor and fuel your boat using one of these. Kind of a pain but back when I was up there the fuel was notorious for having water in it. No Sea Tow up there.

https://www.amazon.com/Racor-RFF15C...=water+separator+funnel&qid=1652375898&sr=8-3

Last edited:

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Are you up there for fishing season or are you working up there?

If you are going to be fueling your boat at different questionable sources like some of the small villages or stored fuel transferred by cans and barrels then do yourself a favor and fuel your boat using one of these. Kind of a pain but back when I was up there the fuel was notorious for having water in it. No Sea Tow up there.

https://www.amazon.com/Racor-RFF15C...=water+separator+funnel&qid=1652375898&sr=8-3
I worked in POW last fall, and I've been disenchanted with the boating (fishing) in WA so i decided to relocate the boat and fly in and out for my recreation. Not working, vacationing!

That's a good idea on that Racor unit. I think the dock in Craig is busy enough the fuel will be reliable, but doesn't hurt to add a layer of protection. Thanks!

Reactions: Meanwhile

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I had an idea and ran over to my SeaDek installer at lunch today. They had the dimensions off the scan on file and were able to provide me this data, just FYI. Looks like the Plano 108qt tote will fit, $26 at Home Despot.

Attachments

• IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7