Bracket Spray Shield

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Anyone have a spray shield on the trailing edge of the bracket? Mine is an older T-22 single, but I think a bracket is a bracket. PM is fine if you want ... :uhm

striped bass

Reaction score
Never heard of a bracket spray shield. Where is it installed and why does the bracket need a spray shield? Sorry for my ignorance but this is new to me.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Installs on the bottom of the bracket at the trailing edge parallel to the water and extends rearward what looks like maybe 8", supposedly blocks spray kicked forward by the engine. Trying to find out if they really do any blocking, I know my Honda kicks up a bunch at certain speeds/trim angles when the bracket tends to squat in the water (with or without use of tabs). Usually happens when having to throttle back due to sea state. Look at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230579430079+&viewitem= and you can see what one looks like ... :uhm

georgemjr

Reaction score
I had that exact spray shield on the bracket on my '88 24 Offshore. I had to remove it each spring to get to the zincs on my Yamaha, then re-install. Do you have any questions or just checking to make sure it is a standard item?

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The spray shields were gone when I bought my Gulfstream, so i plugged the holes with brass screws and caulk because the bracket was filling up with water. I really don't notice any kind of water spray. Joe.

dadsgirl

Reaction score
I can measure it for you, I'll be heading to the beach the weekend of Saturday the 19th for the Ocean City, MD boat show and i'll measure it when I check on my boat.