brass thru hull scuppers 92 voyager

Jim S

Reaction score
Here we go again. I think I have seen this post a long time ago, if so, sorry. There are 2 brass thru hulls in the motor well. They are flared on each side, and due to the age have corroded on the cockpit side (no flaring left). Has anyone removed these? if so, how? If I can even find them, I know I will need some type of flaring tool to reinstall. This is yet another way for water to seep into the transom, and other than sealing it with 4200, I would love to replace these...

FlemIslGator

Reaction score
I just replaced mine a few weeks ago. The brass tubes were available at the first place I checked (boathouse Marine). I believe they were 1" X 3", but I checked them by sticking my finger in them on my boat, and then at the store - perfect match. This same place rented the flaring tool for $2/day. It is just two pieces of machines steel on either end of a bolt/nut that tightens down to flare the ends. Not exactly sure of your boat set-up, but I had to remove the panel in the bottom of the transom so the old tubes would slide out as I beat them out with a screwdriver from the outside. You may be able to do it without removing that panel, but I had taken my engine off to replace steering, so it made everything easier. I also took the extra step of epoxying the transom holes before installing the new tubes. I also replaced the one at the bottom bilge drain. I used ample 4200 during install, and it turned out nice. Not really a rough job. In the weeks prior to this, I also replaced all of my thru-hulls with SS fittings, but that's a whole other story - not fun.