Broken toe rail

dan313

Reaction score
When i opened up the boat this year i found the port toe rail cracked right across the screw hole. :( I contacted Grady and they said that they dont warranty the part and i would have to contact a grady dealer to get the rail replaced.

Has anybody had the same problem? and if so how did you fix the toe rail. Grady said it cant be fixed.

Thanks,

Lenny

flynnaire

Reaction score
Starboard in Seafoam + Table saw + A router = Toe rail. Probably the easiest thing to make out of starboard, secound only to a bait board.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Duratrim?

Water must have got in there and cracked it over the winter.

Brad1

Reaction score
flynnaire said:
Starboard in Seafoam + Table saw + A router = Toe rail. Probably the easiest thing to make out of starboard, secound only to a bait board.

I agree that it would be easy to make. And a router puts a very nice edge on starboard.

My question is, where do you get a long enough piece of starboard to make the tow rail?

Just thought I'd ask in case one of mine ever breaks.

flynnaire

Reaction score
Our local supplier has the Starboard sheets and you can buy 1' by 4-8'
That was more then enough to make two for my old Explorer.

jaydub

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to one of my toe rails but it was within the one year warranty so the dealer replaced it. It looked like the screw hole was drilled too close to the edge so it lost its strength and cracked. The replacement has been fine and haven't had any other problems. Good to hear the suggestion about starboard and making your own just in case.

flynnaire

Reaction score
The local plastic supplier will sell any 1'x1'on up size. You can buy it in 1'x4' to 8' in the thickness that you choose.

I Mean what I say and say what I mean and allways hit what I'm aiming at.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing but GW sent me a new one. I just had to drill the holes using the old one as a template. I agree that it is a defect and should be replaced. The screw hole was drilled too close to the edge.