Buffing, againnnn

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My boat was not very well maintain and not covered by original owner. Console badly chalked. Not enough room to swing the 8" hull buffer. That Porter Cable will help some and I think I'm going to buy one. That still will not get around the wheel, gauges etc. I compunded some by hand this weekend and it looks real uneven. Is there such a thing as a detail buffer something like those triangular detail sanders? What a PIA.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tucker said:
My boat was not very well maintain and not covered by original owner. Console badly chalked. Not enough room to swing the 8" hull buffer. That Porter Cable will help some and I think I'm going to buy one. That still will not get around the wheel, gauges etc. I compunded some by hand this weekend and it looks real uneven. Is there such a thing as a detail buffer something like those triangular detail sanders? What a PIA.

Mine was not waxed often enough either. I wet sanded the entire thing with two grains, and then compounded it. The rep on the grady cream is that it is splotchy if not very well maintained. Two coats of wetsand, compound and wax and she shines like 'almost' brand new. Looks fantastic.