Built in Head w/Macerator

beilertson

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 209
Howdy! Just recently picked up a 2013 Fisherman 209 w/ a 250 Yamaha and for the most part I have the boat figured out systems wise. However the one thing that has stumped me and my local GW dealer is the head w/ macerator pump out. The Y-valve is where it is supposed to be, but no matter which position the valve is we still cannot get it to pump out the thru-hull. The pump runs just fine and isn't sucking air at all, is there a seacock somewhere in addition that opens up the thru-hull opening? We tried it in the marina with just putting water in the head and it won't go. Any thoughts?

TIA!

seasick

Reaction score
Yes, there should be a seacock. It will probably have a bigger diameter than the other seacocks.
That said, I am not sure what symptoms you are describing. Do you have the owners manual for that model? If not you can download it from the Grady site. Just Google grady white owners manuals.

The inability to flush water is not directly related to the inability to discharge the holding tank. It would help to know what model toilet you have.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is the boat on a trailer, or in the water? The discharge through hull is below the waterline, so you might not see it if the boat is in the water. There can’t be more than one or two through hull sea cocks, below the waterline, and from midship forward. The seacock should be attached directly to the through hull on the inside. The small hose 04A991A3-C203-4B58-99A4-00933903351D.jpegcoming off of the macerator pump should lead you directly to the seacock.
If your Y valve looks like this Jabco one, the un-labeled the end of the blue handle points in the direction of flow, in this case to the deck pump out. To use the overboard discharge, it should be rotated counterclockwise, and point to the macerator hose.

Last edited:

Chillaxin

Reaction score
I have a 2015 there a seacock below access plate looking down to the right on the wall it’s down low hard to get to I put an extension handle on mine still a little hard but easier

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just an FYI - the seacock may not have a handle on. Many folks remove to avoid and accidental discharge and or a violation.

beilertson

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 209
I normally keep it on the trailer when not in use and I’ve tried both in the water and on the trailer. I’m having some trim seals replaced so when I get it back I’ll try and fish behind there for the seacock handle/location. This is the inside inside that 6” access panel in the head on the FWD side

Attachments

• A3E27B2C-CE6B-4208-AEEF-D243CE289908.jpeg
    A3E27B2C-CE6B-4208-AEEF-D243CE289908.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

beilertson

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 209
I normally keep it on the trailer when not in use and I’ve tried both in the water and on the trailer. I’m having some trim seals replaced so when I get it back I’ll try and fish behind there for the seacock handle/location. This is the inside inside that 6” access panel in the head on the FWD side

Attachments

• 90DDABDE-A3EB-4A25-A9F2-23A880968CB9.jpeg
    90DDABDE-A3EB-4A25-A9F2-23A880968CB9.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 5