Bunk Placement for lift...

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 05 Marlin I am placing on a friends lift for a few months. Does anyone know the proper placement for the bunks? I had an assumption that the bunks for the lift should be the same as the trailer, although because the trailer has a cradle forward I doubt this to be true. Also all the lift I have see around have very narrow placement compared to trailer placement. My transducer is a concern but with the placement how it is now, the bunks wont rest against it. The other issue was the bunks themselves. It's a 3x6 main bunk with a 2x6 laid over top to form a T (see picture). What is the advantage/ disadvantage of this? With the angle not matching perfect with my hull I imagine some serious tork. I should ad the bolts are frozen and need to be cut to be moved. There is 33 inches between the inside of each bunk.
1) Is narrower better, or wider?
2) Are there any places I definitely want to avoid bunk contact?
3) How concerned should I be with that T bunk?
4) any harm in just setting the boat on the lift slowly and see how it handles it?
thanks everyone in advance.
Nick
IMAG0248.jpg

alfa1023

Reaction score
Nick,

When I installed the lift for my 330 Express, I called the Grady folks in NC and they gave me the exact specs on how the bunks should be spaced as well as how the boat should sit forth/aft on the bunks. They are very friendly on the phone and it would be worth the call for the piece of mind knowing you have the bunks lined up correctly with the stringers, etc.

Jim

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I would make sure the lift can handle the boats weight. I have a 12,000 lbs lift for my 272.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Grady White can send you a file that shows the CG and bunk locations for all of their models. I have a pdf file, but this system wouldn't allow me to up load. Just go to their website and post an inquiry. Took one day for them to send it to me. Its called "LCG, Bunk, and Buttock Locations." Good Luck