Buttons on side windows constantly pop open?

Bob Coco

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to prevent the lower part of the side windows from coming un done? It's not a problem when it's nice out but when it gets snotty it allows water in. The eisenglass is in perfect condition and all the material is as well. It's just the buttons that un snap. I was thinking about adding additional snaps between the ones there. Do these wear out? and can they be replaced?

Thanks, Bob

Fishtales

Reaction score
I have a like problem with the new bullet style fasters on my front windshield except I can't even get the darn things snapped.

Have you thought of using velcro between the snaps? They sell it in rolls at HD and Lowes and it has a very strong adhesive that might work for you. Just a thought.....

BabyG

Reaction score
Just replace the snap. You have to drill out the center of the old one. Kits are at west marine.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If you go to buy new snaps, take a magnet with you. These snaps are of different quality; some have a weaker ring; some fit looser that others, but worst of all, some of the so-called stainless snaps rust. Don't buy the ones that the magnet can pick up, or you will be changing them again very soon.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
West Marine quit carrying stainless snap hardware. They're all nickel plated brass now = junk. And they have a copper ring in them = more junk.

Cheap and fast, really nice stainless ones here: http://www.sailrite.com

We all need a few spares on hand anyway.

BTW, I found a handy way to keep them from sticking (opposite problem from Bob's) lip balm works great, especially the beezwax based ones.