C-MAP or NAVIONICS?

Reel Soon

Reaction score
I need to upgrade my electronics due to theft, luckily my insurance covered it. I am planning on purchasing Furuno NavNet VX2, my question is I have always had Navionics but I am interested in C-Maps weather service/ surface temp capability. Any opinions?

tuxedospike

Reaction score
C-Map vs Navionics

Had the very same question when I went to Furuno...also wanted the weather module. At that time (March/April of 2007, only the C-Map offered Sirius Weather Module support. Went with C-Map Gold and still havn't used all the options.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I had cmap then went to navonics plat with the ray e series. Either one is fine, but I do like the extras with the nav.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I had cmap then went to navonics plat with the ray e series. Either one is fine, but I do like the extras with the nav.

mrksem454

Reaction score
Well, if you buy a Navionics Navnet and decide you'd rather have a C-Map Navnet, it's a 15 minute some-what painless operation. Setting the unit back up will take longer. And you will just have to sell the chart somewhere.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have 2 units - My Furuno uses cmap and my Lowrance use Navionics. I like having both - I do not see a big difference. I would go with the one you have had so you are already familiar with the features