Cabin bolster removal

mgrishman

Reaction score
Hello, My wife and I just purchased a1996 Grady White 27 Sailfish. I am trying to remove the upholstered bolsters that go around the bunk area in the cabin and am not sure how to do so. Also, is there a source for new covered cushions for the cabin or is it wiser to have the old ones recovered. Thanks for your help, Michael

HMBJack

Reaction score
At the bottom edge of the bolster (where the venting screen material is) look for a brass grommit. That is where the set screw was on mine. Simply remove the all of the set screws at the center of each grommit and lift the whole bolster up. Good luck!

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 95 Islander and paid an upholster to make new covers for the cushions ($200 LABOR) and I recovered the bolsters around the berth by simply stapling new cloth around the padding and frame. (very easy) Like 204 said, feel inside the crease and there will be screws which will release the cushion. I do not think that making the slip covers for the cushions would be easy.

delldoown

Reaction score
His cabin filter can buy from a dealer, or from online retailers. Remove the passenger side of the knee support. This is the third under the screws by Philips is the next red glove box where the right edge and enhance satisfaction. There is also a vent area of the console needs to be rotated 90 degrees to remove plastic screw and accurate. Sliding knee pad (the red cover), it will back out of school.