Cabin courtesy lights are out - 282 Sailfish

Buck

Reaction score
Y'all, I have a 2001 282 Sailfish and my cabin lights all stopped working out of the blue. Everything else in the cabin works: reefer, outlets, electric head, etc. But the courtesy lights down there don't. The ones I am referring to are: a courtesy light in the head, one in the berth under the helm, a reading light on the starboard side of the v-berth, and another courtesy light over the galley. All stopped working at the same time and I have checked all the bulbs and they are fine. I swapped a couple of them with each other and I put a couple new ones in to no avail.

All electrical lights, etc. outside of the cabin work 4.0. Batteries are charged up and in good shape. Lights in cabin don't work when on shore power either. I have checked the fuzes under the helm but none are blown. Is there a breaker somewhere or another fuze somewhere? I saw the wire bundle that I think is for the courtesy lights in the cabin coming back into the helm area on the starboard side, but can't tell where they go from there. :bang

wdlfbio

Reaction score
Did you check the breakers at the battery switches? Not sure about the 2001, but my 2007 has 4 breakers at the stern panel. Way too much for it to be bulbs.

Fishtales

Reaction score
There are two areas that the low voltage lines run into: the fuse block and the accessory panel.
The manual says it is a dark blue/green 16g wire and it runs into the fuse block assembly with a 10a fuse.
If unable to find the block or still have some issues, suggest you contact GW customer service through the website.