Cabin cover

jelway2

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Good evening everyone. This is only my second post so I apologized if I am unclear. I have a 1984 240 offshore. I would like to cover my cabin/helm area. I have the tracking around the front windshield and each side window to slide the cover into. The buttons are already installed on the lower end past the seat. I'm looking for possible measurement that someone may of used in the past. Of course I can measure the shape but I was unsure if there was elevation in the center from a tent pole, some type of change for the two captain seats, ect...... Also I was wondering how to install? Is the front first or the sides? I know its not brain surgery. I feel like there would be an order of steps. Thank you again.

2 questions-
Cabin entrance and helm covering assistance for 1984 240 offshore
How to install?

Jason

Last edited:

Kizuna

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but I had one made by a canvas shop. It uses the same snaps that my curtains use. I take the curtains off during the offseason and put the cover on. It has a zipper in the center so I have access to the cabin without removing the cover.

Fishtales

Reaction score
GW offers a helm cover as an option for some boats. Snaps to windshield and then down to the cockpit but does not cover the cockpit. Look at some older brochures on the GW site to see one. I'm not sure of an option for one that covers both helm and cockpit that isn't custom. Prob best to go to a local marine canvas shop. Get out your wallet, it will not be cheap.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I think you're over thinking it. There's no poles needed - it already goes downhill from the windhshield to the floor. All I do is turn my seats around to face backwards and then there's no way water will pool between the windshield and the seats. You're also over thinking how to put it on... it makes absolutely no difference what snaps you attach first - if you do the sides first, then you finish the front from the foredeck.

Have it custom made. There's absolutely no template for where the snaps should go. You'll put the snaps on the cover to where it matches up to the boat.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Consider installing a zipper in the centre about 2/3 of the way up from the floor. Had it done on mine making quick access tp the helm to put things under cover or retrieve something without undoing the the whole cover. Also for boat camping allows you to cover up the helm and cabin door from the inside closing the cover behind you.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Is this what you are looking for? I found this online....not my boat. I would think you will have to get a local canvas guy to make it for you.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I thought he wanted something to cover the helm and the cockpit.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That is exactly what I have with a waterproof zipper. Works great and leave it on if going on a lengthy trip.

jelway2

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thank you everyone. I appreciate the input. The picture is exactly what I'm looking for. The zipper is a great idea. I will make that suggestion when I talk with the local canvas people.
Also, I do not have snaps for the top portion around the glass. I have the tracking were you slide the cover through. Thaat why I was asking about process for installing. I may just have snaps installed. I think that would make things so much easier. Thank you again everyone. I appreciate your help

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
When you say "slide the cover"... do you currently have a cover that slides into it? Or are you just (generally) referring to a slot in the top of the windshield frame? That's not for "sliding a cover". It's unclear which you're talking about. If it's the latter, that slot is always there - on every windshield. That's where snaps can be put... probably sliding snaps if it's what I'm thinking.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes mine has sliding snaps that are adjustable but once positioned seem to stay in place to match (connect) to the snaps on the cover.

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well this is an interesting thread, I have had my Seafarer for a couple years and always wondered what the tracks were for that run the full length under the hard top. Is the track for some sort of winter/travel cover to protect the canvas?

Attachments

• 52484161-FD88-4699-A2D3-CA0815097D6E.jpeg
    52484161-FD88-4699-A2D3-CA0815097D6E.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 5