Cabin Rod Holders

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Anyone ever broken off the original style plastic rod holder hooks that are under the walkway in the cabin?

I just broke one off last week in rough seas due to my TLD50 Bend Butt rod being too heavy I guess.

Thinking of making an alternate out of Starboard this winter as a project, but would like to get more than 2 rods there as well. Maybe extend them out a bit and get an additional rod for total of 3.

Attachments

• Cabin Rod Holders.jpg
    Cabin Rod Holders.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 218

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
You could replace / extend the pieces of starboard the your rod holders are screwed to to make room for 3 rods but that will cramp your style as far as cabin room. Don't know if you overnight in there.

I see you have much more room than I do between the walkway and the v-berth padding. Even with 2 rods hanging, you could mount those TLDs on reel hangers like Tigress makes. They snap into the lugs on the reel.

I have a short side in my cabin because of the TV and used it to mount 2 short reels in this fashion. One is my kite rod and one is for releasing fish at depth using a Seaqualizer. I mounted the starboard to the teak but it could easily be mounted to the cabin wall.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks Jim, that looks good!
I do not overnight and favor rod and storage use in the cabin for my style. I think if I extend out one rod, it won't come out too far if I did want to lay down though.
All along that v-berth shelf, I have lined it with many tackle bags and 3470 boxes, so when loaded up, she is full. I use some velcro to hold the boxes in the shelf.

I thought about those type of rod holders and mounting on the overhead, offset so not to hit my head when walking, but haven't reached that level of desperation so far. :wink:

Somewhere a while back, someone had broken off their J hook holder and I was not able to find if they made a new one. Actually I think it will be fairly easy to make with some starboard. I made the racks from the starboard you see in the picture thanks to help from the folks on this site! They came out great!

Rangoonb

Reaction score
I have several originals if you'd like one. No cost just pay postage, I need a day or 3 to hunt them down but sure I have 3 or 4

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks Rangoonb, sure, I would be interested in one for sure. Just let me know what you need?

Rangoonb

Reaction score
I found one and have it boxed and ready to go. Send me a msg here with you name and address and I pop in in the mail tomorrow. I'll trust you for the postage, can't think it would be 10 bucks