Cabin rod holders

Fishtales

Reaction score
Might want to elaborate a bit more. I don’t understand what you are asking.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm assuming he means the rod holders inside the cabin and above the sink, or wherever they are on his particular boat, that he no longer has. On my 228 Seafarer I've just got two loops on each side of the cushions close to the bow, but I know that my neighbor with his 270 Islander has I believe 3 or 4 stacked above the sink in his boat and believe they're made out of starboard? I believe there was a thread about this awhile back where someone actually made some dimensions for another user to make their own rod holders out of...

Reactions: OGBobbyG

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
I want to add more rod storage looking for ways to mount other rod holders don’t know if I should order the folding rod holders

Fishtales

Reaction score
The only options I can think of is either adding the folding rod holders (I had these on my 282), they work well and keep the rods out of the way. They only hold a few additional rods though.
Depending on rod size, you can lay short rods in the aft berth. I keep my heavier short rods there and jogging and spinning rods in tye vbirth area.
I sometimes lay down additional rods on the v birth cushions for a trip if needed. Really no easy solution.

Reactions: Sailfish

Peterb21

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can purchase them from Grady White but they were about $400 when i checked. I made my own out of starboard and they came out pretty good. I think I still have the templates if you want me to send them to you.

Attachments

• 228 Cabin Rod Holders.JPG
    228 Cabin Rod Holders.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: A&J Outdoors

OGBobbyG

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can purchase them from Grady White but they were about $400 when i checked. I made my own out of starboard and they came out pretty good. I think I still have the templates if you want me to send them to you.
-These are impressive. Do you have these dimensions electronically ? I am definitely going to do something like that on my Sailfish.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
These are on a grid. This will get you close. Hey they are rod holders not pistons!

!IMG_2442.jpeg IMG_2443.jpeg IMG_2444.jpeg IMG_2445.jpeg

Peterb21

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
-These are impressive. Do you have these dimensions electronically ? I am definitely going to do something like that on my Sailfish.
Go with the ones from the post showing the grid background. I actually found pictures online, printed them out and laid it out on my own grid. A bit of free hand work but it did the trick. Good luck