Cabin Starboard side rod holders

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
I have a 272 sailfish 1996 Don’t have to much rod space on the starboard side where the bathroom is only 6 foot rods can fit any ideas how to make room to fit larger fishing rods most of my rods are 7 foot The port side above the refrigerator has plenty of room but need more space on the starboard side any ideas

seasick

Reaction score
I am not sure I would do this but it may be possible to cut holes in the upper wall of the head, install some sort of plastic bushings to allow the tips or bases of longer rods to extend into the head area. I am thinking of something like the grommets they make for desks to allow cables to pass through.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
What kind of rods? Trolling, bottom fishing or spinning. For smaller boats 7' trolling rods are too long. I have 6 Chaos 6' standup rods for kites/sailfish/general trolling. For on port. side along with 2 7' spinning rods. The other two Chaos rods are on the starboard.

If it were me I would reorganize and consider shorter trolling rods. Spinning rods are ok.

My boat is my tackle box. I keep everything on it. I never know where the day will take me.Kit rods, kites, deep drop rods. I don't keep deep drop or dredges on the boat. That's a morning thing.

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
I am not sure I would do this but it may be possible to cut holes in the upper wall of the head, install some sort of plastic bushings to allow the tips or bases of longer rods to extend into the head area. I am thinking of something like the grommets they make for desks to allow cables to pass through.
I was thinking of making a clean cut pocket in the wall with a nice cap maybe pvc with a cap right above the faucet wall but not sure yet !!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Went to shorter trolling rods and two piece spinners for some rods. Other than that, I lay them down on the vbirth and take with me. when done.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I installed rod grommets in both the anchor locker bulkhead and the head bulkhead to handle any length needed. I use 5'6" standup rids for trolling and stand them up in the cabin tied together with ball bungees.