Calling GW Model Experts- Which year is this 209 Escape!

What is the current value of this boat sitting based on the information given?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• 23k+

• Total voters

Savannah

Reaction score
All,

I am planning on making an offer on this Grady White 209 Escape. Sorry for the poor photos. I believe it is a 2000-2004 but I may be wrong. The owner has not used it in at least 4 years that I know of. I have rehabbed a boat before from prolonged neglect, but this one is mint minus the upholstery and unforeseen engine issues from not running. The last boat i brought back to life was a wellcraft 18 fish with an 03 df115 suzuki which had 3 year old fuel in it as well. She runs fine now. It has what looks like an 03-06 200 Yamaha four stroke which will need some love to get going again. I think it has under 300 hours. I know the fuel tank will need to be drained etc... However, before I go throwing a number out there I wanted to get the opinions of the Grady experts out there. What year based on the model characteristics. It does have the leaning post with the tackle station behind it. Based on the bow rail and general model of the f-200, can anyone pinpoint the year on this thing? Its been lift kept its entire life, just not covered. Minus dirt, it is very clean. I would estimate to get it back up to snuff with draining the fuel tank, engine revival, upholstery, batteries, some wiring updating (front cushions are stored and perfect)... I will be looking at an additional 2.5-3k in getting her turn key again. (possibly more If i repaint the bottom) That being said, I am looking to be at a purchase price on this boat at 14-17k if I can swing it with the owner. As long as I can get this beauty in my name and turn key for under 20-22k I think it is a good buy. No idea on the trailer status. What do yall think? Year, problems, etc.My Office 2.jpgMy Office 3.jpgMy Office.jpg

Savannah

Reaction score
I guess you don't have the ability to see the HIN and check the last 2 digits (year of the boat) or the production label on the motor itself?
No sir, not at this time.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I do not think that is a 2004, my guess a 2005 or 6, if that old. 4-stroke vs 2-stroke. single helm seat vs dual. I do not think it was an option in 2004, but could be wrong. Nope.. looks like it was an option, but looks like they may not have advertised the 4-strokes till 2005, so.. going with late 2004 or probably 2005-6... just a guess. I think at that point, irrelevant.

R

Reactions: Savannah

Savannah

Reaction score
Is that GA 6598 EW? If so, I may be able to check.....
I got it.. it is a 2004. Now I just need to figure out what it is worth it its condition. That being mint but non operating.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If it doesn't run, high teens max. Figure you may have to spend $6K-$7K for a powerhead.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A 16 year old Grady, sitting uncovered and neglected on a lift in the Georgia sun, is not mint by any stretch of the imagination.
"The owner has not used it in at least 4 years that I know of." I wouldn;t be surprised if the batteries are dead, and there is a foot of water in the bilge.

Last edited:

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Even if it had a battery tender the bilge pump doesn’t get all the water out and makes the bilge stay wet and causes soft decks and corroded connections below deck.

Savannah

Reaction score
A 16 year old Grady, sitting uncovered and neglected on a lift in the Georgia sun, is not mint by any stretch of the imagination.
"The owner has not used it in at least 4 years that I know of." I wouldn;t be surprised if the batteries are dead, and there is a foot of water in the bilge.
I appreciate the response. Mint really was referring to the interior and the bilge was dry as the drain plug had been removed for long term storage. The interior had no chips but the sun has taken its toll. Either way I think I could revive it if the price is right. The batteries will most def be dead. Its a project but a manageable one as long as the engine does not have any catastrophic issues. The issue now will be the price and what it is worth.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Surprised there would be fishing gear in the rod holders that is still there after 4 years....does the lift still work to get the boat in the water?

Savannah

Reaction score
Its a Doctor. The lift does work. Its really just a show piece on the dock at this point. The kids are grown and out of the house. Some folks just let boats go like this. I can not tell you the amount of people in Savannah that keep their boats in yards at pricey marinas for years and never use them. 300-500$ a month to just rot away. Priorities change and some people just get boats to have them. I really do not know,... However, I think its a good buy for the right price. She just needs some love.
Surprised there would be fishing gear in the rod holders that is still there after 4 years....does the lift still work to get the boat in the water?