Can an adult couple sleep in the v-berth of the 300 express? 330?

patrick16

Reaction score
I have a Gulfstream and I am thinking of going larger. Which models can sleep an adult couple in the v-berth comfortably?
Thanks, Patrick

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a Gulfstream and I am thinking of going larger. Which models can sleep an adult couple in the v-berth comfortably?
Thanks, Patrick
We have a 272 Sailfish (coming to market soon) and comfortably slept 2 adults in that v-berth. Good friends have the 28 Sailfish and my parents have the 30 Marlin all who use the v-berth for adults with no problems. We’re awaiting delivery of a 330 which should do the same for us. In my searches for the bigger boat I didn’t like how the 30 express v-birth was more of an oval shape. It felt like that would limit sleeping up there for the adults which is why we were going with the 30 Marlin or 330 Express. Hopefully this all helps out.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
When we overnight on my 305, both my wife and me sleep on the V-berth no problem. We lower the table and the bunk has plenty of room for the both of us.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
We've slept quite comfortably in the V berth of our 330 several times. We put heads to bow, and it is slightly tight at shoulders, but very manageable. Considered going heads to stern, but it just seems too awkward.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
In our 330 we sleep heads to the stern and I am 6'2". We have also slept head forward. The only challenge with heads aft is getting in and out, but keeps us limber!

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Keeping in mind my wife has yet to spend a night on it, I think the most comfortable way is to use multiple sides of the v-berth triangle. Taller husband can have is head in the bow and feet down in the starboard, stern corner. Wife can put her head in the port, stern corner and her feet towards husband's feet. If wife is average height or less, feet won't touch, and everyone has shoulder room.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
My wife and I slept fine in the berth of our 2009 330 Express. I just removed the overhead rodholders because it is a rude awakening to sit up in bed and crack your skull on them. Very comfortable.,

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
We do 8 day trips with 3 people on my 300 Marilin and sleep 2 full size gorillas in the Vee and one sasquatch in the "coffin", only getting off the boat to fuel at two places the whole trip. No problem if you don't mind a little footsie at night.

patrick16

Reaction score
Thank you for all your comments. It will help me sell the idea to my wife!

bartoma

Reaction score
I sleep with my wife and five year old in our 265 express... It's tight, and I usually get the short end of the stick, but we manage... Can't afford $100G for an aft berth.... :)

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
My wife and I have slept in the V-Berth of my Islander 270, so I have to believe a 300 Express would have plenty of room.

stripedo

Reaction score
Wife and I sleep in the V-berth of our 330 all the time. Heads aft. Not sure why people would sleep with heads to the bow? That makes no sense.