Can anyone help with where to purchase table magnet?

agoltz

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

This is for a 2012 337 Freedom which has a fold down table on the rear seat. Magnets are pretty oxidized - not sure if anyone knows who MFG these items?

Thanks

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_8448.jpeg
    IMG_8448.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
In the picture, that plate looks pretty good -- that's all we can see. Were you afraid to hold the metal in your bare hand? :)

Why not just shine it up with some metal polish/protectant like Flitz?

Southco is a common mfg used for things like this, but I can't say for sure. Check out their products and see if you can match it up - or possibly give your dealer a call, too.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Contact GW customer service via the web. They should be able to assist.

agoltz

Reaction score
Hi Dennis - the back has a hole and the magnet is glued in. Its completely rusted and stains hands (and upholstery) - thats why I put it in the ziploc. Surprised that the vendor did not at the very least epoxy the back so that the magnet would not corrode.

agoltz

Reaction score
Southco M5-7N-61-8 and M5-7P-61-8 are the correct and matching parts in case anyone is wondering.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You know I was kidding with you about the bag, right?

Another thought... the new one is going to do the same thing - I know what you're talking about with the bare magnet. Clean up the one you have with muriatic acid and coat it with poly or epoxy resin. Or coat the new one to keep it from happening again. Poly is less expensive but still way more than adequate for the job. Boats are made of poly. Epoxy is less smelly and easier to work with (and stronger, but that doesn't factor in here).

agoltz

Reaction score
Yea - no worries. We need to have some fun! But your point really was valid as it was not possible to see the back.

I am going to follow your recommendations regarding covering the back with poly!

Thanks again

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
:)

Just for clarification, I was referring to polyester resin - not polyurethane. However, anything would be better than nothing. Heck, even some thick grease may work!