Can't stop my wiper motor!

Gary M

Reaction score
With the Main Switch Panel 'on', the passenger wiper runs...... even with the Wiper switch off. That's bad. I tried to pop the covered breaker above the switch but all I did was to tear the rubber cover off! How do I cut the power to this one wiper?

Thanks in advance.......

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
get under the panel (either thru the helm or unscrew it) and pull the power leads off the switch. they do go bad. good luck, ron

gerrys

Reaction score
The wiper motor has a hot feed and internal contacts that stay "made" intil the wiper returns to the park position. I suspect that the contacts are welded together. You'll need to remove the cover from the wiper motor to inspect the contacts.

RJTFD

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen on mine. I took motor apart and where the contacts are there was build up from the brushes that was making a continuos connection between park and wipe. I cleaned it p put new dielectric grease and was as good as new. In the mean time pull off the leads to wiper motor and it will stop. I had a port and starboard wiper so I had to do that until I was able to get around to repair.
Good Luck