canvas enclosure

billfish33

Reaction score
I called up Grady White Yesterday, and asked about getting a canvas enclosure for my 1993 Gulfstream, They gave me the name of their canvas shop that does their canvas {A & J Canvas}, and they told me they could make me a 40 mil with Crystal-clear windows {complete enclosure} for $1'100.00. that's the best price I've found.

the only thing is they can't install the snaps and install it since I'm in NY, and their down south, but they would include all the hardware needed for the job. they mentioned that the factory installs the tracks on this boat even if the canvas isn't originally ordered.

They told me a local canvas shop could install the snaps on the canvas/boat
and install the canvas easy enough ? I'll look into prices on installs this week.

Chasing Rays

Reaction score
Can you give me the number to that canvas shop. What does that include .

no problem

Reaction score
I had a shop give an estimate to replace the clear windows in my canvas and it was more than that. I wouldn't have thought to call Grady. I got it done a little cheaper but I would have rather got all new. Oh well, next time.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GW subcontracts all their canvas work to Great Lakes Boat Tops and they will sell directly to the public. You may want to check their website.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
There are many details and features involved in canvas fabrication, not all are equal, unless you see examples of the same product on another boat, the old saw goes like:

"You get what you pay for".

billfish33

Reaction score
A&J Canvas
Lee And Bobby Kirkman
252-244-1509
this is 40 mil sunbrella,and crystal-clear glass.

they have the original pattern of my Gulfstream, and had allot of info on my boat.
they are the canvas shop that Grady White Uses/used back then !!
with that said..., I will have to wait till next season for the canvas.

just too many expenses getting this boat ready :(

BabyG

Reaction score
I also have the 93 Gulfstream and got new canvas from them this winter. The 40 ml is awesome only problem was the port side was a little short I had to send them my old one so it is my old ones they are using for a template. I would recommend to tell them to add 1 inch to the length on the port side.