Canvas enclosure

226mike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Enclosure and hardware sought for 1996 Seafarer. Items available for sale or suggestions on locating are appreciated! Thanks, Mike

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'd call Lee at A&J Canvas Inc in Vanceboro NC, not NJ. They made a new enclosure for my 282 this offseason. Others will suggest the same.

Google them, number comes right up.

226mike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'd call Lee at A&J Canvas Inc in Vanceboro NC, not NJ. They made a new enclosure for my 282 this offseason. Others will suggest the same.

Thank you very much for that reply. After reading forms I have learned that that is the thing to do, but I don’t have the original frames and I am wondering if they can make them or if they are included. do you have that information? I already have a call into them and I am waiting for their response. Thanks again, Mike

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thank you very much for that reply. After reading forms I have learned that that is the thing to do, but I don’t have the original frames and I am wondering if they can make them or if they are included. do you have that information? I already have a call into them and I am waiting for their response. Thanks again, Mike
I sent them my old canvas enclosure as a pattern, it had shrunk severely in some areas so I did take measurements myself and sent to them, over-communicate would be my suggestion. For the most it fits like a glove with the exception of one spot on the rear curtain where I needed to make a minor adjustment, I'm the only person who will ever notice. They send without snaps installed so you'll do them yourself. On mine the windshield track snaps needed replaced so I ordered a bag of them off of amazon. They'll probably only send you the screw in style and the ones that are riveted onto the canvas. I bought the tool from Sailrite, it was worth it's weight in gold.

Reactions: PointedRose

Ripple

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream

How much?
what were your materials for the plastic and the fabric?
thanks!

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
How much?
what were your materials for the plastic and the fabric?
thanks!
Including shipping to MD and everything, it was right around 3100. Strataglass and the Ivory Stamoid. I think they are more than fair for the quality of the final product. What i have now is nicer than what i had before, not just in the materials but in the workmanship.