Canvas for 225

jhp45auto

Reaction score
I am considering the canvas options for a new 225. Question is between getting a drop curtain or going for the aft curtain which extends the length of the boat. We want to extend our season for our family of 4. Mostly cruising but hope to do more fishing in colder months. That said, is the aft curtain which appears to give more room the best choice, or will the drop curtain suffice? Any recommendations or feedback welcome!

DaleH

Reaction score
Hey there, I just joined GG last week and put a deposit down on a 225G (full transom) on SAT. My new (to me) GW came with the Vista curtains (front & sides) off the bimini top and I'm going to add the straight down backdrop.

My reasoning ... keeps the stern open for fishing, even though out in the weather. My brother had a boat with a similar setup, but with a "mooring cover" that angled from his hardtop and down to his stern. It was great while he left it for the week unused (boat was NOT self-bailing, so it shed the rain) but it was useless in out opinion, for anything but as a mooring cover. Just my $0.02.