Canvas replacement?

EriePete

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just purchased my aunt's beautiful, well maintained 1990 Seafarer 228G. It has the soft enclosure and no hardtop. Unfortunately, one piece of the zippered enclosure is missing. I'm looking for a good place to start as I've owned the boat for two days.

Pete

Fishtales

Reaction score
Does it have another that you could use as a pattern? Often there are two of the same cut used on each side. You can take the other to a local canvas shop and have one made.

EriePete

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes it does! I will definitely ask around town.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just plan it out so that the piece is basically flipped with the zippers in the right configuration. I'm sure they do stuff like this all the time. People always losing a piece of the enclosure.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If all else fails, A&J Canvas in Vanceboro NC makes the Grady enclosure, they could fix you up also.

Reactions: EriePete

canvasguru

Reaction score
The best way is to get the canvas shop to pattern a new one right on the boat. They can match zippers and stuff and do it right the first time. If it's on a trailer just take it to them and it will take 20 minutes to pattern. Also, check out the Clearstow boat curtain storage bag to keep them nice when not in use.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I just had a guy go to my boat yard and measure a whole new enclosure for my 82 Offshore....and I wasn't even there.

Steve sparer

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just purchased my aunt's beautiful, well maintained 1990 Seafarer 228G. It has the soft enclosure and no hardtop. Unfortunately, one piece of the zippered enclosure is missing. I'm looking for a good place to start as I've owned the boat for two days.

Pete
Ligma

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
@Fishtales sorry, on my phone and late to the thread. Did you need a new bimini enclosure?

Ahh I see, not you, someone else.

Well, giving away my bimini and enclosure:p