Canvas roll-up hardware

IanC

Reaction score
I am replacing my Stratglass on my 2005 Gulfstream. I wanted to use the clear straps as in the original, using the attachment toggles that allow the straps to rotate 90 degrees and tuck away nicely above the glass so they don’t hang down in the way. The place I used instead used fabric straps with snaps that do not tuck away and told me this kind of hardware was unavailable.
I have looked online and see an example of what is available and attached to this post a picture of one example. I do not know if this example allows the rotation of the strap 90 degrees to attach to another toggle and store neatly away when the canvas is zipped down. Does anyone know if the original hardware type is available that allows the straps to rotate?
IanC

1AAFC14A-7CB8-4EFF-AD06-137C582870A4.png

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Your shop is either giving you a line or doesn't work much out of their "comfort zone"... which is pretty small! :)

The style you linked to allows for removal, like a regular snap, but doesn't allow for rotation. It's basically a "locking" snap. However, a regular snap would allow for rotation. Or, look for the "stud" style - go onto Sailrite's website and go the "snaps" section.

IanC

Reaction score
I really appreciate everyone’s input and apologize if some of you read it twice. I am kinda new to this and my original thread title didn’ t really capture my issue. Again thanks for everyone’ help.
IanC

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I really appreciate everyone’s input and apologize if some of you read it twice. I am kinda new to this and my original thread title didn’ t really capture my issue. Again thanks for everyone’ help.
IanC
Just as a sort of FYI, the reason we try to refrain from double posting is not because of reading something twice - Although I sometimes have to "sound out" some of the words... it's because it's more efficient to keep all the info in one place, rather than everyone bouncing back and forth between multiple threads.