Canvas Shop?

JeffN

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new enclosure for my Grady. Does anyone have a shop they can recommend in the Cape Cod area?
Thanks.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Not sure how old your Grady is, but there is a shop in NC that does all of Grady's enclosures. They keep the templates and if you call them and send them the old ones, they can replace at a reasonable price. I will see if I can get the name for you.

captcrsty

Reaction score
A & J Canvas is the name of the shop. I'm going to get them to do a helm and bimini enclosure for my GW Offshore. Here is the address and phone number.

A & J Canvas Inc

2450 Streets Ferry Road
Vanceboro, NC28586-8349
Phone: (252) 244-1509

grady23

Reaction score
A & J did all new canvas on my Gulfstream back in October. I also had them change the side curtians so that they are one(10 large window instead of 2. This also means that I can roll up the clear without un-snapping the canvas itself. This is a family owned business and really good peole to deal with. They also do lots of work for Parker Boats as they aren't far from them either.

JeffN

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. My boat is a 83 and the present top is a copy of a copy of the original. This new top will be the fourth top on the boat. I want to change the mounting location of the hoops and I have never seen a Grady of my vintage with the hoops mounted anywhere other than outside the helm area bulkheads. I want to move them onto the top of the bulkhead for a cleaner side window interface. So I need someone close by that can premeasure and then fit the top. The NC connection I don't think will work for me. I have found a local canvas fabricator and his price for the work looks good. He has completed several enclosures locally and his work is very nice. Fortunately he has a few other projects on island for the spring so he will be working on island, getting people here is always a problem.

So again thanks for the help I just need someone closer.

Lucky13

Reaction score
K&M Canvas does amazing work. He is located in Plymouth but will go anywhere local i think. I had him do a brand new enclosure on my last boat and he has done lots of work for fishing buddies of mine. Perfectionist and you will not be anything but thrilled.

JeffN

Reaction score
Thanks Lucky he sounds like a good guy. As time was running short I finally found a guy out of RI that is doing a few projects on island and he is going to make my top. He had done cushions for me a few years ago and they were very nice. I had contacted a couple of shops on the cape and was willing to fly them over to measure then run the boat over in the spring for the install but they neither got back to me with even an idea of cost. I began the process back in November so I don't think a time shortage was an issue. Maybe they are all really busy and that is the issue.